Thursday, September 16, 2010

Best Bike Racks For Cars - Choosing One

By Tom Tessin

As a biker myself, I love to bike, but I find my local area to get awfully boring after a while. There are only so many places that you can go. Thankfully for bike racks, I'm able to transform my car into a little bike towing machine. Now, if you're lucky and have a truck, van, or something else, you're going to find that you probably won't need a bike rack. I know there can be occasions when you need one for road trips, etc, but this isn't always the case.

Now, when you're ready to pick out a rack, there are a few pointers that I want to throw your way. By following these pointers, you should be able to pick out a rack that's going to work the best for you.

#1 What kind of bike rack are you going to want?

There are a few bike racks for cars that you can choose from. The most common type of racks are roof mounts, hitch mounts, trunk mounts, as well as a truck bed and spare tire mount. The roof mount is generally the most common but you may find that you like a different style.

#2 How many bikes do you want to tow around?

Most bike racks on the market carry 2, but some carry 1, while others can carry up to 4. It's up to you to decide on how many you're going to lug around. You may find in the future that you may want to tow around 2, compared today, where you only want to tow around 1.

#3 You don't want to be cheap

With a bike rack, you may be tempted to purchase something that isn't going to cost you a whole lot of money. Trust me, you're going to get what you pay for. Instead of being cheap, spend the extra $50. You're going to find that with cheaper racks, it's going to rub against your bike, or even the car. You're going to want something thats protective of both your car and bike.

With those pointers out of the way, there are a few brands that I would recommend that you check out. Many of them have great reviews online and they aren't going to break the bank.

Listed below are a few brands to check out...

The list continues where I provide links, reviews, and more. Check out the best bike racks for cars, where I have a complete top 5 list.

Reference

0 comments:

Post a Comment